Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another kiss on the cheek

I must admit that I am horrible at getting film developed. I almost heard all of you gasp.  Yes, I still use film (sometimes).  As I was organizing our hall closet, I found two rolls of film hiding in our camera case.  After weeks of sitting around, I finally dropped them off at Wal-Mart.

June 14th marked eight months since Hadley's funeral.  Tuesday I had not even had time to think about it actually being the 14th.  That's the nice thing about summer, even though I am constantly checking my calendar to see what activities the kids have, I don't really pay attention to the dates.  It was a hard day.  I struggled all day with my emotions, feeling overwhelmed with life, being sad and just getting motivated.  Funny how those days sneak up on you and you don't even realize it. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me but it's true.  At least it's true for me.

So I survived the 14th and then on the following day, I went to pick up our pictures.  We met a friend at Sonic so the kids could play.  As I flipped through our newly developed pictures, I was shocked to find pictures of Hadley.  Brent had taken some at the hospital.  I had no idea they were on this film.  I will say, they are the typical newborn pictures.  Her eyes are greasy from the ointment they put on them, her face is a little puffy, etc. BUT they are beautiful!  What a wonderful surprise after a hard day.  Just another kiss on the cheek from God and I needed it.

So publicly I proclaim:  "THANK YOU JESUS!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to check your blog after seeing your face book post. I almost cried when I read that you had some new pictures of your sweet angel! How exciting to come across them. I think of you so much and hope you are doing well.

Rita

Heidi said...

Love it!

Genevieve said...

Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet blessing for you!

Becky

Mary said...

So wonderful to find those pictures :)