Thursday, November 25, 2010

So much to be THANKFUL for

As our first Thanksgiving without Hadley approaches I was reminded over and over this week that we DO have so much to be thankful for.

Kinlely made a card for Brent and I this week.  It said, "I am thankful for Hadley and that God is taking care of her."  That says it all.  Maybe feeling thankful isn't coming as easily this year but we are CHOOSING to be thankful.

I shared previously that we had many "kisses on the cheek" during Hadley's life.  In the weeks following Hadley's heart diagnosis, many of you brought us meals, gave our kids rides, had our kids spend the night, brought us groceries, filled our freezer and so much more.  ALL of these things were kisses on the cheek to us.  Every meal that came, every kind deed that was done always came at the perfect time.  I can't count how many times I said, "that is exactly what I was needing today."

I am so thankful that right before we left for Hadley's heart cath I called a friend to come and take our pictures.  I can't even put into words how thankful we are to have all these beautiful pictures.  Morgan took our pictures right in our living room and did great despite working with tired kids and a baby who hated the flash on her camera.  What a wonderful "kiss on the cheek" these have turned out to be.

Today, I am choosing to be thankful for a beautiful family.
























8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-what amazing pictures and definitely a beautiful family! I have been thinking about you and your family a lot this week. What an amazing view to take on the holidays-choosing to be thankful for what we have-that is truly a lesson for all of us. Continuing to pray for you and your family throughout this holiday season.

Love,
Staci

Amy said...

I love these pictures! I'm so glad you have them. You will treasure them always. And I love your attitude: We are CHOOSING to be thankful. You are an inspiration.

Genevieve said...

I can't decide if the baby or your freckles are cuter. I think Hadley would have freckles so I say both.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful individual spirit Hadley has! Her dress is so cute!
I thought all these photos were taken at a studio, they are great! You have a wonderful portfolio. Keeping you in our prayers! Dayra

Leslie Scoby said...

The picture of you and Brent kiss ing her is so precious! She was given the PERFECT family to love her during her time on Earth.

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! I LOVE the photos. I think of you so much....

Rita

Unknown said...

Hanni, Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us. It makes us stop and think about everything in life, and how we truly don't know what God's plan is, but we have to trust he knows best. These pictures are absolutely priceless. Thank you for sharing!!! You strength amazes me!!! Love Lesley

Mary said...

What beautiful pictures! I love these.