Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sleep




Hadley and I spent a lot of nights sleeping in the living room.  Brent would have but he was already back to work so I took all the nights while I was still off from work.  I would either hold her while we slept on the couch or she would sleep in her carseat by the couch. 



I was eventually brave enough or exhausted enough to move her to the bassinet by our bed.  Even then, I would wake up multiple times and place my hand on her chest or just hold her hand while she slept. I was always afraid something would happen to her during the night.  She never cried during the night. We weren't sure if she was a good sleeper or just exhausted from her heart working so hard. 

3 comments:

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

Thank you for the window into what made Hadley a one of a kind baby. Even though you are rejoicing and celebrating Hadley I am glad you can also share what made her life so unique. And this is one of those times. If anyone says I slept in another room so my husband could get rested for work or I slept with one eye open with my newborn or that exhaustion is par for the course with a new baby, you have my permission to say this experience was different, very very different.....and it does not mean you did not appreciate every moment but there is no comparison if you ask me. Unless they had a baby with DORV. And someday you may get to share that with someone who really knows. Until then thank you endlessly for sharing it with us! I WANT to hear about your one of a kind experience. I really really do!